What is Bridge Building?
Bridging Building connects knowledge and policy evidence of the BB countries and other countries of the UN-European region through close participation and collaboration. The BB countries are: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, the Republic of North Macedonia, the Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, and Ukraine.
What is Bridge Building for?
The main task of Bridge Building is to support our partners in finding policy solutions through comparative research, policy analysis, evaluation and assessment, transfer of know-how and good practice, cooperation, and capacity building.
What we offer:
The European Centre offers a unique knowledge exchange platform on social welfare. We connect and cooperate with public institutions, research, civil society organisations and social policy professionals from all the BB countries. Amongst the activities of the platform are:
- Comparative research and policy support in the key competence areas and methods of the European Centre in the bridging countries and beyond (UNECE region).
- Capacity building of public and non-public institutions at different levels of governance.
- Facilitation of policy dialogue, exchange of experience and research outcomes through the Eastern European Social Policy Network (EESPN).
- Project and policy monitoring and evaluation.
- Support the implementation of social welfare programmes of the bridging countries funded by various means such as Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) and European Neighborhood Instrument (ENI) of the EuropeAid fund.
- Policy analysis and best practices
- Case studies and comparative research and analysis
- Country profiles, needs assessments, feasibility studies, situational analysis
- Trainings, workshops, peer reviews, conferences
- Blog publications and dissemination of information relevant for the region and published at the EESPN platform via newsletters and social media channels.
Read about our BB activities