The European Centre together with ISER/University of Essex (United Kingdom) organises the Vienna EUROMOD Workshop, taking place at the Austria Trend Hotel Ananas from 17 – 18 September 2018.
The Wokshop comprises the following sessions:
- Tax-benefit microsimulation in Austria (17 September, morning)
- Western BalkanMod initiative of the Eastern European Social Policy Network (17 September, afternoon)
- New research directions using EUROMOD (18 September, morning)
The Vienna EUROMOD Workshop focuses on researchers and public representatives with expertise in social protection as well as tax-benefit microsimulation from Austria and the Western Balkan countries, and even beyond (EU, EaP-Eastern Partnership countries, etc.).
For more information, click on the agenda.
Presentations on 17 September 2018
Presentations on 18 September 2018
- Sarah Kuypers, Francesco Figari, Gerlinde Verbist: Redistribution in a joint income-wealth perspective: a cross-country comparison
- Salvador Barrios, Alberto Tumino, Wouter Van Der Wielen: Unemployment benefits expenditure across the business cycle. An assessment using EUROMOD
- Katrin Gasior, Pasquale Recchia: The use of hypothetical household data for policy learning – EUROMOD HHoT baseline indicators
- Olivier Bargain, Xavier Jara, David Rodriguez: Learning from your neighbor: tax-benefit systems swaps in Latin America
- Carlo Fiorio, Tommaso Fratini, Andrea Riganti: Migration: impact on tax and social benefits in the EU
- Martina Pezer, Slavko Bezeredi, Chrysa Leventi: The distributional impact of local social benefits in Croatia
- Katrin Gasior, Chrysa Leventi, Michael Noble, Gemma Wright, Helen Barnes: The distributional impact of tax and benefit systems in six African countries
- Silvia Avram, Daria Popova: Do taxes and benefits equalize the incomes of men and women in different household types? Evidence from 8 European countries
Bridging Function of the European Centre