Researcher, Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Visiting Fellow, Centre for Employment Relations, Innovation & Change, Leeds University Business School, UK
Lecturer, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Tirana, Albania
PHD Candidate in Sociology, Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
MA in Political Science, Central European University, Budapest, Hungary
MA in Contemporary European Studies, Sussex European Institute, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Albanian, English, Italian, Spanish
European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research, Berggasse 17, A-1090 Wien
Tel: +43-1-319 45 05-26
Fax: +43-1-319 45 05-19
- labour migration (EU and TCN)
- industrial relations
- atypical employment
- (migrant) working conditions
- social dialogue in Eastern Europe
Peer reviewed journal articles
- Danaj, S. and E. Caro. Becoming an EU citizen through Italy: the experience of Albanian immigrants. Mondi Migranti. 3/2016, pp. 95-108, DOI:10.3280/MM2016-003007.
- Alberti, A. and S. Danaj. Posting and Agency Work in British Construction and Hospitality: The Role of Regulation in differentiating the Experiences of Migrants. International Journal of Human Resource Management, (revised and resubmitted).
- Danaj, S. E. Caro, L. Mankki, and M. Sippola (2017 forthcoming), Unions and Migrant Workers: The Perspective of Estonians in Finland and Albanians in Italy and Greece, In V. Doellgast, N. Lillie and V. Pulignano (eds.) Reconstructing solidarity: Labour unions, precarious work, and the politics of institutional change in Europe, Oxford University Press.
- Danaj, S. and M. Sippola. (2015) Organising posted workers in the construction sector. In J. Drahokoupil (ed.) The outsourcing challenge: organizing workers across fragmented production networks. Brussels: European Trade Union Institute.
- Danaj, S. and M. Sippola. (2015) Organising hyper-mobile transnational construction workers. Policy Brief. 11/2015 Brussels: ETUI.
- Danaj, S. & E. Caro (2016). Reconstructing Industrial Relations in Post-Socialist Albania: A Tripartite model? 11th ILERA European Regional Congress The Future Of Representation, 8-10 September. Milan, Italy.
- Danaj, S. & E. Caro, (2016). Of Migrants and Media: Transformation of the Albanian migrant stereotype in the Italian print media. Migration and social inequality Global perspectives – new boundaries The 18th Nordic Migration Conference, 11-12 August, Oslo, Norway.
- Danaj, S., & E. Caro (2016). Unions in Post-Communist Albania: Problems of Organization and Solidarity in the Times Crisis. 3rd Isa Forum Of Sociology. The Futures We Want: Global Sociology and the Struggles for a Better World. 10-14 July. Vienna, Austria.
- Danaj, S., E. Caro, L. Mankki & M. Sippola (2016), Labor Markets, Competitive Norms, and Trade Unions: Albanian migrants in Italy and Greece and Estonians in Finland. Reconstructing solidarity: Labour unions, precarious work, and the politics of institutional change in Europe Workshop, Cornell University. 17 June. Ithaca, NY, USA.
- Danaj, S. & I. Wagner, (2016). Constructing the underclass of ‘poverty migrant’: discourses on labour migration and welfare policy in Germany and the UK. How Class Works 2016 Conference, 8-11 June, Stony Brook, New York, USA.
- Danaj, S. (2016) Union Responses to Hyper-mobile Migrant workers in the European Construction Sector. Labour Migration in the European Peripheries Conference. 26-27 April, Jyvaskyla, Finland.
CV Sonila Danaj
03, 427 KB, 2017-03-02