MA:IMI - Mainstreaming Ageing: Indicators to Monitor Implementation
Michael Förster: Increasing Employment among People with Disability: New Ways of Addressing Partial Work Capacity in OECD Countries
OECD - Social Policy
Principal Administrator (Senior Policy Analyst) in the Social Policy Division of the OECD, Paris.
Liège University, Belgium: doctorat en sciences économiques (PhD)
German, French, English
OECD, 2 rue André Pascal, F-75775 PARIS Cedex 16
Income distribution. Poverty. Social policies.
Recent contributions to OECD publications
- OECD (2014), Top Incomes and Taxation in OECD Countries: Was the crisis a game changer?
- OECD (2011), Divided we Stand: Why Inequality keeps rising
- OECD (2010), Tackling Inequality in Brazil, China, India and South Africa: the Role of Labour Market and Social Policies
- OECD (2008), Growing Unequal? Income Distribution and Poverty in OECD Countries.
- OECD (2006, 2007, 2008), Sickness, Disability and Work: Breaking the Barriers. Three thematic reviews, for eleven OECD countries.
- OECD (2007), Benefits and Wages - 2007 edition
- “Cross-country evidence of the multiple causes of inequality in the OECD area” (with I. Tóth), in: Handbook of Income Distribution (eds. F. Bourguignon and A.B. Atkinson), 2014 (forthcoming).
- “Demographic or labour market trends: What determines the distribution of household earnings in OECD countries?” (with W.H. Chen and A. Llena-Nozal), in: OECD Journal: Economic Studies, pp.&-29, Volume 2013.
- “Globalisation, technological progress and changes in regulations and institutions – which impact on the rise of earnings inequality in OECD countries?” (with W.H. Chen and A. Llena-Nozal), Luxembourg Income Study Working Paper, No. 597. 2013
- “Money or Kindergarten? Distributive Effects of Cash versus In-Kind Family Transfers for Young Children” (with G. Verbist), OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers, No. 135, 2012.
- “The OECD Approach to Measuring Income Distribution and Poverty” (with M. Mira d’Ercole), in: Counting the Poor – New Thinking About European Poverty Measures and Lessons for the United States (eds. D. Besharov and K. Couch), pp. 27-58. OUP 2012.
- “How much redistribution do Welfare States achieve? The role of cash transfers and household taxes” (with P. Whiteford), CESifo DICE Report – Journal for Institutional Comparisons, Vol. 7/3, pp. 34-41, 2009
- "Armutsgefährdung, manifeste Armut und Einkommenschancen von MigrantInnen in Österreich" (with K. Heitzmann), in: Zweiter Österreichischer Migrations- und Integrationsbericht (ed. H. Fassmann), pp. 291-302, 2007.
- "The European Social Space Revisited: Comparing Poverty in the Enlarged European Union", Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis, Vol. 7, n° 1, pp. 29-48, Routledge Journals, 2005.
- "Income Distribution and Poverty in OECD Countries in the Second Half of the 1990s" (with M. Mira d’Ercole), OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Paper, No. 22, 2005.
- "Regional Poverty and Income Inequality in Central and Eastern Europe: Evidence from the Luxembourg Income Study" (with D. Jesuit and T. Smeeding), in: R. Kanbur and A.J. Venables (eds.), Spatial Inequality and Development, pp. 311-347. OUP 2005.
- "International Comparisons of Income Inequality and Poverty: Findings from the Luxembourg Income Study" (with K. Vleminckx), in: Socio-Economic Review 2, pp. 191-212, 2004.
- "Income Distribution and Poverty in the OECD Area: Trends and Driving Forces" (with M. Pearson), OECD Economic Studies, No.34, pp. 7-39. 2002.
- "Child Poverty and Family Cash Transfers in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland" (with I. Tóth). Journal of European Social Policy 11.4, pp. 324-341. 2001.
Picture by Karl Rabe, Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., USA