Addictions and Lifestyle in Contemporary Europe – Reframing Addictions Project (ALICE RAP)
Senior Social Scientist.
Irmgard Eisenbach-Stangl is a member of the Scientific Committee of the EMCDDA (European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction) and of the science group of the European Alcohol and Health Forum.
Senior Researcher at Ludwig Boltzmann-Institute for Addiction Research at the Anton-Proksch-Institute, Vienna.
She is University Professor at the University of Vienna, Institute for Sociology and she is psychotherapist (Group-Psychoanalysis)
Her mother-tongue is German. And she speaks English and French.
European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research, Berggasse 17, A-1090 Wien
Tel: +43-1-319 45 05-0
Fax: +43-1-319 45 05-19
Alcohol, drugs and addictions, gender, health promotion and prevention, social history, analytic social psychology and qualitative methods.
Book publications since 2000
- Together with Christine Reidl, Gabriele Schmied: Shelter and syringe exchange. Talks with the Viennese Drug Scene, Lit Verlag, Wien 2011
- Together with Harald Spirig Also Drug Addicts are ageing... The life situation of a marginalized group, occasional publication series of Europäisches Zentrums für Wohlfahrtspolitik und Sozialforschung, Wien 2010
- Together with Jacek Moskalewicz and Betsy Thom (eds.): Two worlds of drug consumption in late modern societies: comparative studies in six European cities, Ashgate, Aldershot 2009
- Together with Alexander Bernardis, Kurt Fellöckerm Judith Haberhauer-Stidl and Gabriele Schmied, Juvenile Alcohol Scenes. Consumption Contexts, Drinking Motives, Prevention, occasional publication series of the European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research, Vienna 2008
- Together with Arno Pilgram and Christine Reidl, The Vienna Drug Policy 1970 to 2005: External and Internal Views, occasional publication series of the European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research, Vienna 2008
- Together with Wolfgang Stangl (eds.): Das äußere und innere Ausland. Fremdes in soziologischer und psychoanalytischer Sicht (The Outer and Inner Abroad. The Unknown in Sociological and Psychoanalytical Perspective) , Wiener Universitätsverlag, Wien 2000
Publications by Year
pdf, 161 KB, 2015-11-10
Publications by Type
pdf, 185 KB, 2015-11-10