Quality management by result-oriented indicators - Final Conference
Towards benchmarking in residential care for older people
Quality management by result-oriented indicators and free handbooks
Policy Brief - Quality management by result-oriented indicators: Towards benchmarking in residential care for older people
03 - 04 November 2010, Brussels, Belgium
Contact: Andrea Hovenier
Background and Aims
The European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research in cooperation with The North Rhine-Westphalia Government Offices in Düsseldorf and Brussels organises the final conference of the project "Quality management by result-oriented indicators - Towards benchmarking in residential care for older people" which will take place at the Committee of the Regions conference facilities in Brussels and the participation of about 150 experts and policy-makers from all EU Member States is expected.
The European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research has been the Coordinator of the project, in cooperation with the Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs of North Rhine-Westphalia, the University of Dortmund, Vilans (Netherlands), City University London and E-Qalin GmbH. The project is co-funded under the Progress programme of the European Commission's DG Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities and runs from December 2008 till December 2010. The main objective of the project has been the construction of an international framework of standards including a conceptual analysis for quality of life and a set of result-oriented indicators to define, measure and assess quality in residential care for older people. The Final Conference will serve mainly as a platform to disseminate and discuss the obtained results of the project.
- Flip Maas: Presentation of the project
- Frédérique Hoffmann: Presentation of the handbook "Measuring Progress"
- Mirella Minkman: The Progress Delphi Study
- Kai Leichsenring: E-Qalin Validation Workshops
- Ruth Pel-Littel & Sabina Mak: Domain Quality & Care
- Ricardo Rodrigues: Economic, leadership and context indicators
- Julienne Meyer: Presentation of the Domains from the List of Result-Oriented Indicators - Quality of Life Indicators
- Comments by Clemens Tesch-Römer: Quality of Life Indicators
- Kai Leichsenring: Workshop - Working with result oriented indicators
- Eckart Schnabel & Frédérique Hoffmann: Quality of life: Workshop - next steps for research and practice
- Uwe Brucker: Ergebnisorientierte Kennzahlen
- Henk Nies: The quest for quality in long-term care
- Document: The Social Protection Committee - A Voluntary European Quality Framework For Social Services
Project team EC: Frédérique Hoffmann, Flip Maas, Ricardo Rodrigues, Andrea Hovenier
Financed by: European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities; PROGRESS programme